Day Care Center for Persons with Disabilities (KDIF) of K.E.P.E.A. "Horizons"
offers over 22 years of educational, therapeutic & psychosocial services to teenagers and adults with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome and other syndromes. In the context of the multidimensional provision of services and relief for the family, our organisation offers lunch and transportation to our beneficiaries. Its Interdisciplinary Team supervises and prepares the personalized intervention according to the needs, possibilities, and wishes of each beneficiary of our Organisation.
A key component of our services is the holistic approach to the Person with a Disability and the continuous support and cooperation of the family..
Purpose of the Center:
- The smooth Social Integration/Socialization of Persons with Disabilities
- Assisting our traines to reach their potentials
- The equal treatment of people with disabilities as active citizens
- Vocational rehabilitation in a protected work environment
- Increasing the level of functionality of Persons with Disabilities through educational, sports & recreational programs.
Hours of Operation:
Daily from 8:00-16:00
Procedure for Joining our Organisation:
- Telephone communication & scheduling of appointments through the Social Service on the Center's phones (See field: Contact)
- Evaluation of the candidate trainee by the evaluation team.
- Compiling a psychosocial history from the prospective trainee's family.
- Informing the family for approval/rejection of inclusion of the prospective trainee.
*A basic prerequisite for joining our Center is the insurance capacity of prospective trainees.
It is fundamental to inform you that within the framework of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF -ESPA) for the programming period 2014-2020, Operational Program "Attica 2014-2020", Priority Axis 09 "Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty - EKT", operating as a beneficiary of the Act "Day Care Center for Persons with Disabilities of the SPECIAL EDUCATION CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS K.E.P.E.A. "Horizontes" with OPS Code 5002509 in the Operational Program "Attica 2014-2020", implements service provision programs for 30 of its beneficiaries from 4/9/2017 to 30/06/2023. The goal of the NSRF program is to provide day care and residential services by implementing supportive programs, which mainly have three main axes:
1) the provision of training in the creative & occupational therapy workshops of the structure.
2) the implementation of various programs of Accompanying Support Services (S.Y.Y.)
3) the provision of socialization programs, as well as the implementation of enrichment programs and parallel activities